Sunday, January 3, 2010

Enjoying Nature


I wanted to share some quotes on the enjoying of nature. Not every one of these come from a Christian perspective; but some of them do. And, being a Christian who feels very close to God when enjoying nature, I can appreciate these a great deal.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
-John Muir

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man."
-Orison Swett Marden

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

"By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet."
-Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment