Monday, July 5, 2010

Psalms

I'll have to write the rest of the review for marriage builder in a couple of weeks, when we finish it.

In the meantime, I thought today I would just share some verses from the Psalms. I was reading through them today after Ry's teaching this past CT. It was really uplifting.

"Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call to Him. In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord. Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4

"Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies - make straight Your way before me...But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield." Psalm 5

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise." Psalm 8

"The Lord reigns forever; He has established His throne for judgment. He will judge the world in righteousness; He will govern the peoples with justice. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9

"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, "I have overcome him." and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me." Psalm 13

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord: apart from You I have no good thing." As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight." Psalm 16

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment